Are you a Passenger Vessel Association member looking to implement PVA Flagship or the PVA Alternative Security Plan (ASP)?
As a PVA Associate member, SMSLLC has been involved in the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of both Flagship and the ASP.
We can help you decide if either is appropriate for your operation by providing:
· GAP Assessment and Recommendations
o PVA Flagship - how close am I to compliance?
· Vessel and Facility Security plan development and recommendations
· Compliance project planning
· Management system development and implementation in concert with passenger vessel specific requirements
· Internal management system and security auditing
· Pre-certification audit and inspection coaching and preparation
· Internal audit training programs
· Risk assessment facilitation for complex systems and substantial changes
· Administration of TMSA conformance and reporting
Not a PVA member? We've got you covered!
Regardless of your membership status, we stand ready to assist you in making sense of the regulations and getting you started with a management system that works for your organization.
As mariners, we focus on end-users through development of safety management systems that simplify onboard documentation and implementation:
· Concise procedures and checklists
· Clean standing orders
· Clear instructions
Whether you operate a fleet or just one boat, we provide appropriate solutions tailored to your needs.
Practical Approaches to Specialized Requirements
As the leading U.S. professional maritime services group we provide our expertise to all sectors of the marine transportation industry.
We understand vessel operations from onboard and ashore perspectives.
Our consulting team has extensive experience in working with international and domestic tonnage operators in sectors including general cargo, liquid cargo, passenger, ferry, towing and barging operations.
We have close working relationships with Coast Guard, AWO, PVA and vessel operators to ensure that we understand what's important to all stakeholders.
We don't claim to have all the answers, but we know management systems and how to use them as part of your compliance strategy.